Friday, February 4, 2022

Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes and Mashed Instant Pot Potatoes with Cauliflower

 

  This was a really delicious veggie filled dinner! I don't know how many points it is, right now I'm focusing on veggie loading dinners without counting points to see how that goes.

  I used this 15 Minute Sweet Potato Salmon Cakes recipe from Ambitious Kitchen. Mine came out a little crumbly, I don't know if I over mixed it or maybe my sweet potato was huge....so I added another egg and then more panko and it was fine. We dipped it in srirancha which is just ranch and sriracha mixed together. My husband dipped his in tarter sauce since he loves it and we don't get to use it enough. I will definitely be making this again! It's very budget friendly, a can of salmon is under $4 and sweet potatoes are about .70 cents right now. 

  For the side I made Mashed Instant Pot Potatoes with Cauliflower by The Natural Nurturer. They weren't my favorite, but they weren't bad or anything...I just need to mess with the recipe I think. It was very heavy on the cauliflower flavor, but I didn't weigh my potatoes, I just used the last few up that I had so maybe it wasn't enough. I did add garlic/salt/pepper but next time I might add some rosemary or dill and more sour cream so it would be creamier. I liked how fast, easy and veggie filled it is! Even though cauliflower is about $3 a head, with the potatoes it makes a lot.....enough for at least 2 meals for all 3 of us. So it's also a budget friendly recipe.



No comments:

Post a Comment