Friday, February 4, 2022

Asian Turkey Meatball Bowls

  I had originally planned to make these Egg Roll Meatballs (by The Natural Nurturer) to use up a half a cabbage I had leftover from cabbage soup, but I waited to long and it was bad. Bah. So I ended up looking for a different recipe.

   These Asian Turkey Meatball Bowls (by Recipe Runner) were a big hit! They were simple to make and chock full of veggies. Next time after baking the meatballs I'll probably throw them in the air fryer for a few minutes to try and crisp them up....they were really soft and barely together. But the flavor was phenomenal. I used a mixture of brown rice and cauliflower rice that I had seasoned with salt/pepper/garlic. The veggies I used in the bowl were carrots, cucumber, jalapeno, green onion, cilantro and edamame. I had some small bell peppers I meant to chop up but I forgot, oops. I topped it off with a drizzle of sriracha mayo. 

  Oh the sauce recipe for the meatballs called for hoisin and I didn't realize I was out until it was to late. So I just added extra soy and then some gochujang sauce and it worked fine. 

  I love that this recipe is also budget friendly, a pound of ground turkey is less then $4!

No comments:

Post a Comment