Thursday, November 4, 2021

Cream Cheese Chicken Lasagna with Zucchini 5 Points

 

                       Yes I know my photo does not look as tasty as the one in the recipe.

  Italian is not my favorite food (unless it's pizza), I like it but if it were up to me I'd choose other cuisines first. But my family LOVES Italian, it's their favorite. So I try and make something Italian at least once a week. 

  I followed the recipe exactly, except I cooked the chicken in the Insta Pot instead of the slow cooker since I was to lazy to get it ready in the morning. 

  For the zero point marinara, I used this Pizza and Pasta Magic seasoning. It's really good, we like it better then regular Italian seasoning. It does have some heat from the red pepper flakes, so it might be to much if your kids are little. We buy it at Meijer. 

Click Here for the Cream Cheese Chicken Lasagna Recipe from The Pound Dropper

  For the zucchini side I just diced up half an onion, but I should of done a full one and cooked it in a skillet with a tsp of olive oil and a spray of Pam for like 5 minutes, then added 2 diced zucchini's. I tossed it with Kinders Master Salt and it took oh maybe 12 minutes to cook. I was going to dice up some cherry tomatoes to toss in that I need to use up but I was again...lazy. I was tired ok, I'm still getting used to waking up at 5am to get my son ready for school, even though he's been in school for like 3 months. But anyway, I absolutely love Kinders Master Salt, it makes everything taste amazing.


  So the lasagna is 5 points a serving, and the zucchini was free. Nice low point dinner!


 

In some sad news, the new Animal Crossing New Horizon's update came out today, and my son lost my Switch charger so I can't even play it yet. 





No comments:

Post a Comment