Tuesday, October 3, 2023

Sausage and Rice Skillet


 Sausage and Rice Skillet

  I made sausage gravy and biscuits this morning, using Budget Bytes recipe. It makes the perfect amount for all 3 of us with a generous portion of the gravy. With just some refrigerated southern biscuits because I have yet to make homemade biscuits.  But it only uses a 1/2 pound of sausage, so I went on the hunt to google to find out what to use with the other 1/2 pound. I came up on this Pork Sausage and Skillet Rice Dinner recipe by Southern Home Express.  I ended up combining that recipe with the spices from the Budget Bytes Cajun Sausage and Rice Skillet.  I also didn't use a can of tomatoes, I chopped up a few of our tomatoes from the garden. So I basically browned the 1/2 pound ground pork with an onion and some jarred garlic (I hate chopping garlic). Then I added the tomatoes, the seasonings from Budget Bytes, some frozen veggies, the rice and broth. Then I cooked it for 20 minutes like I would rice. It's super good and we would definitely have this again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment