Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Honey Mustard Pork Chops, Garlic Smashed Potatoes and Mediterranean Salad


 Honey Mustard Pork Chops, Garlic Smashed Potatoes and Mediterranean Salad

   This was good but there was a few issues. First, the recipe for the pork chops were for thick bone in pork chops. I ordered them for grocery pickup, but they substituted with the thin boneless pork chops. So I followed the recipe as close as possible and used a meat thermometer....but they were still kinda over cooked. I've never been able to make a juicy thin cut pork chop. The honey mustard sauce was excellent though!

Click here for the recipe for Honey Mustard Pork Chops from BudgetBytes

  The second issue I ran into was the potatoes. I was making "Crispy Smashed Potatoes in the Air Fryer". Where you boil them, then mush them down with a cup/bowl/fork whatever, then air fry. Every potato I smashed just fell apart. I tried lightly smashing and smashing more forceful, they all fell apart. So I ended up just adding some butter, garlic, salt, pepper and milk and mashing them. They tasted good but my son really wanted to try the air fryer version.

Click here for the recipe for Crispy Smashed Potatoes in the Air Fryer by Diethood

  I can't even think of the word potatoes without thinking of Sam.





  The third issue really isn't an issue, but personal taste. The salad was just a Taylor Farms Mediterranean Salad Kit. I try to like these flavors, I really do. But I really don't like feta cheese. I WISH I did, because it's higher protein and lower calorie. It was on sale so I thought we'd get it, but I don't think we'd get it again. I do love Taylor Farms salad kits though!

No comments:

Post a Comment