Monday, March 13, 2023

Chili Lime Tilapia topped with Cucumber Avocado Salsa, Poppyseed Salad with White Mac & Cheese

 



Chili Lime Tilapia topped with Cucumber Avocado Salsa, Poppyseed Salad with White Cheddar Mac & Cheese

  The top plate was for my husband and I, the bottom for my son since he's a teenager and eats a ton lol.

  This was a mish mash of recipes and what we had on hand. For the breading I used the rest of the panko I had, jalapeno and spicy pork rinds, chili lime seasoning and chipotle seasoning. I just smashed them up all together then air fried the tilapia at like 370 for about 8 minutes. 

  The Cucumber Avocado Salsa was just 1 chopped cucumber, 2 small avocados, cilantro, and a few leftover tbs of red onion. Mixed with sea salt, lime juice and cumin. My son swears he hates avocado, but I didn't tell him what was in it and he ate it happily lol.

  The Mac & Cheese  was just Annie's Shells & White Cheddar, and while making the sauce I added minced garlic and red pepper flakes. 

  The salad was just a romaine heart chopped up with pepper and a carrot. The dressing was Skinny Girl Poppyseed dressing which wasn't very good. I haven't been able to find ANY salad dressings I like lately, they all taste too processed. I think I need to start making my own. 

 I used these recipes for ideas:

Air Fryer Chili Lime Tilapia
Recipe for the Cucumber Salsa

No comments:

Post a Comment