Monday, February 27, 2023

Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs, Cauliflower Rice Pilaf and Caesar-ish Salad



Garlic Butter Chicken Thighs, Cauliflower Rice Pilaf and Caesar-ish Salad


  Yummy low carb dinner. The chicken thighs that the grocery pickup gave me were the smallest ones that I've ever seen, so each person got 2. What I did differently from the recipe was that I sprinkled the thighs with garlic powder/salt/pepper/cayenne before I cooked them, and I had no fresh parsley to top it with. Now that I'm thinking about it, I could of just used some dried parsley. Oh well, next time. 

Click here for Garlic Butter Chicken Thigh recipe by Primavera Kitchen

 The cauliflower rice was super good but I did a few things differently.  I sautéed onions first, and added 8oz of mushrooms. I also just used 1 bag of frozen cauliflower rice instead of a head, and omitted the almonds since my son is allergic. I'll definitely be making this again, it's super easy and full of protein from the hemp hearts.

Click here for Cauliflower Rice Pilaf recipe by ThisMomsMenu

  The salad was just a chopped up romaine head (heart?) with some shredded carrots and Caesar dressing. I didn't care for this dressing too much.....I haven't been able to find one that tastes like the kind you get in a restaurant. Maybe I need to try making my own. 

  This was the first real meal that I've made in a week, I've been so so sick. We went on vacation to Cancun on February 16th, and I sat next to a teenage girl on our flight that was coughing a lot. I really didn't think anything of it since I rarely get sick.....I haven't even been sick in years. But I guess just traveling will do that to you. Mid week I did make a big 'ol pot of random chili ingredients that I had laying around just to get some food in everyone that wasn't microwaveable lol. I really didn't measure, I just threw all this together in the slow cooker until dinner.

Easy Chili:

- Homemade canned taco meat my parents canned themselves
- Frozen corn, bell peppers, onion
- Canned pinto beans, chili beans, green chilis and tomato soup....I had no other tomatoes but it worked perfect
- Spices: Chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, cumin, sugar 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment