Friday, March 18, 2022

Italian Smoked Sausage Wraps with Fries



 

    I have no idea what the name of the recipe should be, but I make those sandwiches that have smoked sausage, bell pepper, onion and Italian seasoning....cooked in a little olive oil. Served in a toasted bun with a little provolone cheese.  We were trying to do this a little healthier, so instead of a hoagie roll we had them in low carb spinach tortillas. I also had planned for the cheese to be a Laughing Cow wedge, but my husband wanted some cheddar instead. Oh well, we still saved lots of calories and carbs by substituting a roll for a low carb tortilla lol.

  You just chop up an onion, two bell peppers, and a package of smoked turkey sausage. Heat up a little olive oil and cook the onions for like 2 minutes. Then add the bell peppers, turkey sausage, 2 tbs garlic, salt/pepper, and a bunch of Italian seasoning. I made these quesadilla style and they were delicious!

 For the fries I took two potatoes and chopped them up fry style (julienne?) tossed them in some cooking spray and french fry seasoning then air fried like 18 minutes or until I felt they looked good.

 My sons plate also had some apples and peanut butter with a sprinkling of cinnamon and sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment