Friday, March 18, 2022

Chipotle Chicken Toastadas with pintos & cheese and Buttery Corn



 

  Random chicken tostadas. I kinda used a couple of recipes, but I kinda just used what I had. They were so good though!

  For the chicken, I just cooked up a pound of ground chicken, then when it was basically cooked through I added a bunch of taco seasoning and maybe 1/4 cup water.

  The sauce topping was not measured but I used: about 1/4 cup low fat mayo, 1/4 cup greek yogurt, Trader Joe's Green Dragon hot sauce, a dash of salt, juice of 1/2 a lime,  1/2 tbs minced garlic, 1 tbs Ms. Dash Chipotle Seasoning

  The slaw topping was 2 cups coleslaw mix (without the dressing), 1 minced jalapeno, 1 diced roma tomato, 1/2 an onion minced, a sprinkling of salt, low fat mayo, Trader Joe's Green Dragon hot sauce, juice of 1/2 a lime, 1/2 tbs minced garlic and like 1/2 tbs Ms. Dash Chipotle Seasoning.

  For the pintos and cheese I just heated a can of fat free refried beans on the stovetop. Then when plated I added a sprinkling of fat free cheese.

  The corn was just steamable corn, then I added a few spritz' of I Can't Believe It's Not Butter, salt/pepper and a sprinkling of garlic.

 The store was actually out of all toastada shells (what??) so I used some Flatout flatbread that I cut in half then toasted in a 400 oven for around 5 minutes for each side.

  So to build the toastadas: I spread Laughing Cow Pepperjack cheese, a bit of the refried beans, chicken mixture, slaw, then sauce. Then a scoop of beans with a sprinkling of cheese, then some corn. Yum!



No comments:

Post a Comment