Friday, February 11, 2022

Jackfruit Carnitas with Pintos & Cheese and Buttery Corn

 

  Jackfruit is such a great meat substitute, it's texture reminds you of pulled meat and it's flavor is so mild that it tastes like whatever spices you use. I've mainly used it for bbq pulled "pork" sandwiches, but I thought I'd try something different this time. They were excellent! My son didn't even know it wasn't meat, my husband did but only because I told him :) We topped them with cilantro, cheese, salsa, jalapeno and sour cream. I would have used avocados but they were like rocks. 

  The sides were just some fat free refried beans and corn that I mixed with a little bit of Truvia and I Can't Believe It's Not Butter Spray. Fantastic dinner.

  Here is the recipe for Jackfruit Carnitas by Nora Cooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment