Enchilada Casserole
I made BudgetBytes Not Refried Beans earlier this week, so we had a lot of beans to use. They are so good! So I thought I'd throw together an enchilada casserole. A casserole because it's much easier to do then rolling enchiladas while wrangling a 1 year old. Super good.
Ingredients:
- Corn tortillas, because that's what I had
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked with an onion then mixed with the 1/2 can chopped chilis
- 1/2 can green chilis, because I didn't want it too spicy for the baby
- Like 1 1/2 cups of the beans? I didn't measure
- Almost 2 cups of colby jack cheese
- 1 recipe of BudgetBytes enchilada sauce
I layered it like a lasagna, cooked at 350 for 30 min. I should have removed the foil and cooked it for another 10, but baby needed to go to bed, and husband can't help much because he just had surgery. You can top it with chopped onions, salsa, sour cream, hot sauce...whatever. Easy, quick and cheap. I've been making this sauce recipe for like a decade, it's so easy and delicious. I know it's even easier to open a can of sauce, but this tastes soooooo much better!
No comments:
Post a Comment