Wednesday, July 10, 2024

Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta with Basil


Garlic Butter Chicken Pasta with Basil


   I was trying to use up some chicken thighs we had and no one wanted the boring chicken, side dish veggie that I do a lot. I found this video on Tiktok and pretty much followed it.

   I cooked the pasta the same but used rigatoni since that's what we had. While the rigatoni was cooking I chopped up 3 chicken thighs and tossed it in garlic powder/salt/pepper/Italian seasoning. I cooked it in a skillet in some olive oil until done. Then I removed the chicken and cooked 1/2 a big white onion in the same skillet, then I added some jarlic and red pepper near the end of the onion being done. I tossed in a stick of butter (such a healthy recipe) until that melted then 1 cup of the reserved pasta water and added everything together (with a handful of chopped basil from the garden) until it thickened. 

   I didn't have any fresh parm to grate over it so I just used a big handful of shredded mozzarella. Once that was melted I plated it and added some more red pepper, canned parm and a few more bits of chopped basil.

Yummy and easy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment