Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Winter Grain Bowl with Balsamic Dressing

 



Winter Grain Bowl with Balsamic Dressing

   I feel like my body has been asking for greens ever since all the heavy Thanksgiving food and leftovers lol. This was really good and I was worried my husband wouldn't like it but he did, he's been trying to eat healthier. My teenager just said "it's ok" which mean's he didn't care for it lol. I did two things differently though. The recipe called for beets to roast but the store only had canned and pickled beets and that sounded unappetizing so I got a butternut squash to roast along with the sweet potatoes. I think that worked really well because it cut the sweetness of the sweet potatoes. The other change I made was with the dried cherries, those are crazy expensive! I had a tiny little container of them and it was almost $5, so I also got a pomegranate which I think I actually liked better anyway...it tasted fresher. 

 Click here for the Winter Grain Bowl recipe by Pinch of Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment