Tuesday, February 15, 2022

Vegetarian Nachos with Homemade Vegan Cheese Sauce

 




   I made the nachos for superbowl, and the next day we had the toppings over air fried potatoes. So so good! I know vegan cheese sauce sounds weird, but it's actually really good and all together this dinner was super delicious. 

  I used Plantiful Kiki's cheese sauce recipe. The only change I made is that instead of a 1/2 cup cashews, I used white beans since my son is allergic. I also poured a little bit of the jalapeno brine from the pickled jalapenos we have in the fridge. It makes a bunch of sauce so later this week I'm going to make lentil chili cheese fries with the leftovers.

  I used these toppings for nachos:

- 1 lb ground turkey cooked up and mixed with a can of pinto beans and taco seasoning.
- chopped fresh jalapenos
- cilantro
- onions
- salsa
- homemade guacamole
- sour cream
- hot sauce
- cheese sauce

  I had some bell peppers that I was going to chop up but forgot. I also used blue corn chips because they have more fiber then regular tortilla chips. 




No comments:

Post a Comment