Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Big Mac Egg Rolls with Dill Pickle Salad Kit 10 Points

 
 This meal was delicious and will definitely be in our dinner rotation. I normally don't care for the Big Mac sauce (I think it's just Thousand Island dressing?) but I liked this sauce, it tasted fresher and not processed like a bottled sauce would. I was going to double the sauce recipe just in case there wasn't enough, but there is no need too.....the recipe makes a lot! 

  I feel like I filled the eggroll wrappers enough, I used 2 tbs each like the recipe said but I ended up with 19 egg rolls instead of the 12 in the recipe lol. Oh well, that just means leftovers! 

  The salad kit was really good too, but it's very high in points so I don't think I'd buy it again. 1 cup is 5 points! I normally don't do salad kits for that reason, but I'm a sucker for anything dill pickle flavored so I really wanted to try it. Maybe I can find a more homemade version with less points. 

Click here for the Big Mac Eggroll recipe by The Pound Dropper.

Point Breakdown:

- 2 egg rolls with 96% beef. 5 points.

- 2 tbs Big Mac Sauce. 1 point.

- 1 cup of the Taylor Farms Dill Pickle Salad Kit. 5 points.

So you could easily half the points in this dinner by replacing the salad kit with a lower point side dish.





No comments:

Post a Comment