Wednesday, October 7, 2026

Lazy Butternut Squash Chicken Lasagna

 


Lazy Butternut Squash Chicken Lasagna

This was another one of the "dumb dinners" from @itsmesaramartinez on TikTok. These are not flavors my husband would typically like, but it's been so cozy and "fall like" that I wanted a fall recipe. I really liked that it was a quick dump and go recipe!

 I tasted the sauce while I made it and it was good, so I can't wait to taste it fully! It's kinda late and I'm going to bed, so no one has actually tried it yet lol. I couldn't start cooking until a little later because of the baby, and it didn't even cross my mind that it would take like an hour to cook. So my husband just had some ramen, and my son fell asleep after school, but I'm sure he will be up in the middle of the night and will grab some. Teenagers. I will try it tomorrow. 

I did air fry the meatballs and tried one, they are so good. I will definitely try the other flavors too.


I made it almost exactly as written, but I added in some onion and thyme seasoning. Just because I was worried it could be bland, but it didn't seem to be.  Oh wait no I added canned parm to the sauce, and I added some shredded parm to the top with the mozzarella, just because I already had it. 

Ingredients:

- 9 oven ready lasagna noodles broken into big pieces
- 1 bag frozen already cooked chicken meatballs
- 3 cups butternut squash soup from a carton
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tub 15oz ricotta
- 1/4 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 big handfuls spinach
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan 

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375
Dump the ricotta into a sprayed 9x13 pan.
Add the parm & spices
Pour in the soup and heavy cream, and stir until creamy
Break in he noodles, add the meatballs and spinach
Stir until noodles get coated, and press them as much as possible under the sauce
Cover tightly with foil, and bake for 45 minutes
Uncover, add the mozz and bake for 15 more minutes
Let sit for 10-15 minutes to solidify before cutting and serving

No comments:

Post a Comment